Student Support Specialist – Full-Time Remote position
The college seeks self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal communication skills to work with students through the registration and financial aid process.
Student Support Specialists provide support to the Admissions and Financial Aid offices to assist students through the financial aid process up to orientation. They provide information to current students regarding FA application procedures and guide them through the often complex process of completing the necessary steps to receive funding in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will need to be disciplined while working from a home-based office.
Grow in your career with us! There are plenty of opportunities for growth within the college for motivated individuals
- Address inquiries and provide resources and support to current students.
- Assist in the retention of students throughout the financial aid process.
- Communicate professionally with students through telephone, email, and text messages.
- Nurture and maintain working relationships with constituents, including students, colleagues, and other college departments, as required.
- Document all activities, engagement, and student progression through the system in a CRM database.
- Provide support to the Admissions department and serve as a liaison between the Financial Aid and Admissions Departments.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Teams, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to learn and use a CRM system along with other technology platforms.
- Must have strong attention to detail skills.
- Must have strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a high sense of urgency to complete job tasks.
- Previous customer service and/or retention experience preferred.
- The position requires candidates have a computer compatible with Microsoft software applications. This is a REQUIREMENT. (The software utilized in the position is not compatible with Apple computers or Chromebooks)
- As this is a home-based position, candidates must have a smart phone along with reliable Internet and Cellular service.
- Childcare during working hours is preferred.
If the following characteristics describe you, this position may be a great fit:
- Collaborative Team Player
- Passionate about helping people reach their goals
- Enjoys talking to people on a regular basis
The primary work schedule is Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm Eastern Time zone.
- Fully Remote