Financial Assistance–Funding Your Program


If students have served on active duty, they might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. Students must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

Active Duty

If a student is currently serving in the military, he or she may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Students are encouraged to check their eligibility status and the amount for which they qualify with their Service prior to enrolling at Martinsburg College.


If a student is a spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the pay grades of E1-E5, O1-O2, W1-W2, he or she may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.

If a student is the spouse or child of a service member, he or she may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.

Military Spouses

Military spouses may qualify for tuition funding through the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Program. This is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 – E-5, W-1 – W-2, and O-1 – O-2, who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor spouse is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve component in these same pay grades are typically eligible to participate in the program.

Federal Financial Aid

Please click here for information about Federal Financial Aid