The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission has been designated as the SARA Portal Entity for institutions in West Virginia. In the event that a student has an issue or concern with an institution, the Commission encourages students to first seek resolution of any concern or issue directly with the institution. Many issues can be handled quickly and informally once the institution is aware of the concern or issue. If the issue cannot be resolved informally, the student should follow the institution’s formal complaint policy. If, after exhausting the institution’s internal grievance procedures, the institution has not resolved the issue to the student’s satisfaction, or a satisfactory remedy has not been found, the student may contact the Commission for further investigation into the issue. The Commission may contact institution officials to discuss a possible resolution. Instructions for filing a complaint with the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission can be found at