Financial Assistance–Funding Your Program

There are several ways to fund your education at Martinsburg College. Listed below is information for Veteran students, Military Service Members and dependents, Military Spouses, and the general public.


If students have served on active duty, they might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. Students must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. For more information and to determine eligibility, please go to the GI Bill website at:

Active Duty

If a student is currently serving in the military, he or she may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Students are required to check their eligibility status and the amount for which they qualify with their Service prior to enrolling at Martinsburg College. Please contact your local Education Services Office for more information. For detailed information regarding your specific branch of service’s policies regarding tuition assistance, please click the relevant link below:
Marine Corps:
Air Force:
Coast Guard:


If a student is a spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the pay grades of E1-E5, O1-O2, W1-W2, he or she may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.

If a student is the spouse or child of a service member, he or she may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.

Military Spouses

Military spouses may qualify for tuition funding through the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Program. This is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 – E-5, W-1 – W-2, and O-1 – O-2, who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor spouse is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve component in these same pay grades are typically eligible to participate in the program.

Federal Financial Aid

Please click here for information about Federal Financial Aid

Institutional Payment Plan (IPP)

Students who are ineligible for grant funding or whose grant funding does not cover the full cost of tuition may participate in a zero-interest payment plan. The minimum monthly payment is $50. For information regarding the institutional payment plan, please contact the financial aid office at [email protected]

Income Share Agreements (ISA)

Another option for students who are ineligible for grant funding or whose grant funding does not cover the full cost of tuition may participate in an Income Share Agreement (ISA). An ISA is an agreement between a student and the institution to defer payment of unfunded tuition until a student has graduated, is employed, and meets established minimum requirements. For more information regarding ISA’s, please contact the financial aid office at [email protected]