Learn the skills required to perform administrative functions in a medical office environment. Generally, medical offices are not managed by doctors and nurses directly. Medical office administrators greet patients, provide customer service, and manage health records. A big part of this role is helping patients to feel at ease, answer administrative questions, and ensure the accuracy of health records. In the Medical Office Administration Certificate Program students develop skills in medical office procedures, medical terminology, billing and coding, electronic health records, and customer service.
Is a Career as a Medical Office Professional Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical Office Professional Career Training Readiness score now!
Upon completion of this certificate program, students are expected to able to:
- Use business software applications to create and manage documents, spreadsheets, and email communications
- Describe how to professionally greet patients, answer phones, schedule appointments, and take messages
- Identify the meaning of, use, and understand medical terms
- Protect the security of patient records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- Compile and maintain patient’s electronic medical records, and ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations
- List and describe the steps in the medical billing cycle
- Demonstrate professionalism in every aspect of their role as a medical office professional
Completion: Students must successfully complete 24 semester credit hours to earn a Medical Office Administration Certificate.
Medical Office Administration Certificate Program – Topics Include
Medical Office Procedures
Electronic Health Records
Entering and Managing Patient Data
Communication, Empathy, and Customer Service
Medical Billing Process
Introduction to Medical Coding
Professional Communication Skills