Learn the skills required to perform administrative functions in a medical office environment. Generally, medical offices are not managed by doctors and nurses directly. They hire medical office administrators who manage a variety of tasks such as greeting patients, providing customer service, managing general business processes of the office, and managing health records. A big part of this role is helping patients to feel at ease, answering administrative questions, and ensuring the accuracy of health records. In the Medical Office Administration program, students develop skills in medical office procedures, anatomy and related terminology, medical billing, professional communication, business software applications for the medical office, electronic health records, and general business office administration. The program length is 42 weeks.
To learn more about our Medical Office Administration Certificate Program,
‘Click Here’ to contact us today.
Upon completion of this certificate program, students are expected to able to:
- Use business software applications to create and manage documents, spreadsheets, and email communications for the medical office
- Describe how to professionally greet patients, answer phones, schedule appointments, and take messages
- Identify the meaning and use of medical terms
- Protect the security of patient records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- Compile and maintain patient’s electronic medical records, and ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations
- Describe the importance of HIPAA as it relates to patient privacy and identify steps taken to ensure that these privacy laws are maintained
- Identify active listening techniques to better serve patients
- Demonstrate professionalism in every aspect of their role as a medical office professional
- List and describe the steps in the medical billing cycle
Medical Office Administration Certificate Program – Topics Include
Medical Office Procedures
Electronic Health Records
Entering and Managing Patient Data
Communication, Empathy, and Customer Service
The Medical Billing Cycle
Daily Operations in the Medical Office
Professional Communication Skills
Information Management & Efficiency
Completion: Students must successfully complete 24 semester credit hours to earn a Medical Office Administration Certificate.