The world of technology is constantly changing. Consumers have become accustomed to having unlimited information at their fingertips. As technology continues to advance into all facets of society, the working knowledge required to operate and maintain computer hardware and software is also steadily increasing. The Computer Support Technology Certificate program teaches students how to repair and upgrade hardware, install software and operating systems, and perform network administration duties. Students will learn to diagnose and troubleshoot common hardware and network issues while developing strong customer support and service management skills. The broad goal of this program is for graduates to be able to support, troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade hardware and software, implement network security, and perform network administrative duties. The program length is 32 weeks.
To learn more about our Computer Support Technology Certificate Program, ‘Click Here’ to contact us today.
Upon completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Create and manage files and folders on a computer
- Demonstrate the knowledge to install, configure, optimize, secure, and manage Windows
- Apply effective troubleshooting processes to identify and remedy problems with hardware, operating systems software, and networks
- Demonstrate the knowledge to install and configure various hardware, peripherals, expansion cards, RAM, and devices
- Identify how to setup, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain a wired and wireless network
Devices & System Components
Preventative Maintenance Techniques
Operating System Technologies
Security and Data Disposal
Networking Technologies & Implementation
DNS, Troubleshooting, and Virtual Networking
Resolving Installation Issues
Students may transfer credits from the Computer Support Technology program into the Associate of Science in Integrated Technologies program. Students should be aware that while the transfer credit option is available, the Computer Support Technology program is a certificate program and not a degree program.