Discovering your Strengths
1. Uncovering and Utilizing Your Talents and Skills
We all have individual talents and skills that make us unique in some way, but you may not be aware of your own skills, or how to use those skills to improve many areas of your life. In this course, you’ll learn what is meant by talent and skill, and why it’s important to understand what talents you possess. This course also covers techniques for identifying your unique capabilities, and outlines what you should include in a talent action plan to fully utilize and develop your key talents and skills.
- distinguish between talents and skills
- recognize the rewards you gain from knowing your talents and skills
- distinguish between the three types of skills you can have
- recognize techniques for identifying your talents and skills
- identify the elements to include in a talent action plan
2. Self-improvement for Lifelong Success
We all have areas of our lives to improve upon, and working toward self-improvement has lasting positive impacts on your personal and professional life. In this course you’ll learn about the key principles to keep in mind when committing to self-improvement to help keep you on track. You’ll also learn how to create a self-improvement plan to organize your self-improvement activities. This course also covers techniques for building and maintaining an effective self-improvement mentoring relationship, and common obstacles you may face so you can overcome them when you are challenged by them in your self-improvement efforts.
- identify key principles of committing to self-improvement
- recognize the positive impacts self-improvement efforts can have on your life
- identify the five steps for creating a self-improvement plan
- identify activities that help you maintain an openness to learning and self-development
- identify the key characteristics necessary for developing a positive self-improvement mentoring relationship
- recognize common obstacles to self-improvement
3. Establishing Self-confidence for Life
Healthy self-confidence is critical for success in your life, and not just your personal life, but professional as well. When the people you interact with in daily life sense that you don’t feel confident in yourself, they may not feel confident in you either. In this course, you’ll learn what’s meant by ‘self-confidence,’ and the behavioral indicators of low and healthy self-confidence levels. You’ll also learn how to perform a personal analysis of your current self-confidence levels, so you know which areas to work on. Finally, you’ll discover real-world techniques you can use for building and maintaining healthy self-confidence levels.
- distinguish between the key contributing elements of self-confidence
- identify behaviors that indicate low self-confidence
- recognize healthy self-confidence behavioral indicators
- identify the steps for assessing your current self-confidence level
- recognize techniques to use to increase your level of self-confidence
- identify techniques for maintaining healthy self-confidence levels