1. Admitting it is the First Step
The roots of procrastination are all in your head, but the good news is that there are ways to overcome it. The trick is to figure out what your own personal reason is for putting off what you know you need to do. In this course, you will discover what may be behind your tendency to procrastinate by learning the indicators. Then you’ll explore many helpful techniques and strategies for dealing with procrastination, whatever the cause. There are four key areas covered in this course: improving focus, self-motivation, taking action, and becoming more organized.
- match causes of procrastination with key indicators
- use techniques to overcome procrastination by being less distracted
- use self-motivation techniques to overcome procrastination
- use techniques to overcome procrastination by becoming more decisive
- use strategies to overcome procrastination by organizing your time
2. Beating Procrastination by Boosting Your Creativity and Drive
Everyone could benefit from a boost in creativity. Whether you’re in marketing and advertising, management, or software development, all professionals need to be able to come up with original ideas and think outside the box every now and then. But sometimes the pressure to think creatively is the very thing that blocks the flow fresh ideas and results in procrastination. This course focuses on the relationship between procrastination and creativity. You’ll learn about how the optimal amount of procrastination actually boosts creativity and can make you more effective at your job. You’ll also learn how to use creativity boosters to help you past those times when you’re procrastinating a little too much.
- describe the optimal amount of procrastination that a person should strive for
- recognize strategies for overcoming personal tendencies and conditions that inhibit creativity
- identify activities that promote creativity during a period of procrastination
- use collaboration as a way to boost creativity and overcome procrastination
- overcome procrastination by using techniques to take charge of your life